|Post-Op Instructions for Your Chin Implant Surgery|
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated 30-45
degrees; use 2 pillows for 4 - 5 days after surgery.
- Take only the prescribed medication or Tylenol for
pain control. Do not take aspirin or aspirin containing
products for pain.
It is important to maintain fluid intake after surgery.
Meals should consist of liquids first and progress
to a full diet as
tolerated. You may be nauseated due to medications, so
go slowly at first.
- Bathing is permitted the day following surgery. Keep the
- We will see you the day after surgery to change your dressing.
- Your dressing will be removed 5 days after surgery. We
will either remove them in the office or instruct you to
remove them. After your dressing has been removed you will
be instructed to wear an Ace bandage.
- After your dressing has been removed, clean incision line
under chin with a hydrogen peroxide solution (mix 1 part
water to 1 part peroxide) and Q-tips. Gently roll saturated
Q-tip across suture line to remove dried blood. Apply small
amount of Bacitracin ointment.
- Dr. Pryor asks that you clean the incisions in this manner until all sutures are removed. After the sutures
are removed on day 5-10 you will be asked to use only Aquaphor ointment
to the incisions twice daily for a further two weeks.
- Good oral hygiene is important. Rinse mouth with warm
salt-water solution 3 times per day (mix % teaspoon of salt
with 1 cup warm water).
- You may brush teeth, avoiding trauma to the chin.
- Avoid bending over, heavy lifting, and strenuous activity for
4 weeks. At 4 weeks you may begin walking and light exercise,
gradually working up to a normal routine by 6 weeks.