Instructions for Your Scar Revision
nothing to the surgical site for the first 24 hours and then
refer to the instructions for incision care.
- Refrain from activity that would put a strain on the incision
line. Talk, laugh, and smile as little as possible
the first 7 days.
You may bathe the day after surgery. Showering is usually
permitted 2 days after surgery. Do not let the force
of the shower beat directly on your face.
- Sutures will be removed 5-7 days after surgery. Often Steri-strips
will be applied following suture removal. The physician will
remove the Steri-strips in 1 week or instruct you to remove
- Take only the prescribed medication or Tylenol for pain
control. Do not take aspirin or aspirin containing products
Avoid bending over, heavy lifting and strenuous activity
for one week.
- Avoid direct sun for 6 months. Wear sunscreen with UVA
and UVB protection (SPF 15).
Instructions for Incisions
- Cleanse suture lines with hydrogen peroxide solution (mix
1 part water and 1 part hydrogen peroxide) and Q-tips. Dip
the Q-tip in the peroxide solution and gently roll it across
the suture line to remove dried blood. You will need several
Q-tips each time you do this.
- Take a dry Q-tip and gently roll it across suture line
to remove foam from peroxide and drainage. Repeat steps
1 and 2 as needed to remove dried blood completely.
- After suture line is thoroughly cleaned, apply a very small
amount of Bacitracin Ointment over suture line.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times per day. By doing this,
you will minimize your risk of infection and reduce the formation
of scar tissue, giving a better cosmetic result.
- You will be asked to perform this strategy for 5-7 days. Afterwards, you will only need to apply Aquaphor ointment to the incisions twice daily.
Fall is Almost Here!
Call today for our exciting specials on Juvederm, Botox and Latisse. Call before October 1st for special pricing on the Obagi Blue Peel!
View the Archives
All Right Reserved, Valley Facial Plastic Surgery is the sole intellectual property of Shepherd G. Pryor, V, MD, FACS - A Division of Valley ENT,PC