Instructions for Your Otoplasty (Ear Pinning) Surgery
on your back with your head elevated 30-45 degrees; use two
pillows for the first 4-5 days after surgery.
pain or swelling, especially if greater on one side, is
uncommon-if you experience this notify us.
may wash your face but keep the dressing dry.
- We will see you in the office on the first postoperative
day so please leave bandages on until we remove them in
may bathe the day after surgery. Avoid getting your head
suture lines with Hydrogen Peroxide solution (mix 1 part
water and 1 part hydrogen peroxide). Dip a Q-tip
in the peroxide solution and gently roll it across
suture line to remove dried blood. You will need several
each time you do this.
a dry Q-tip and-gently roll it across the suture line
to remove foam from peroxide and drainage. Repeat steps
1 and 2 as needed to remove dried blood completely.
- After suture line is thoroughly cleaned, apply a very
small amount of Bacitracin ointment over suture line.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times per day. By doing this,
you will minimize your risk of infection and reduce the
formation of scar tissue, giving a better cosmetic result.
- Dr. Pryor asks that you clean the incisions in this manner until all sutures are removed. After the sutures
are removed on day 5-10 you will be asked to use only Aquaphor ointment
to the incisions twice daily for a further two weeks.
extreme physical activity including athletic activities. You may resume light walking 3 days after
surgery. Aerobic exercise, weight training, heavy lifting,
and straining may be gradually resumed 3 weeks after surgery.
- Absolutely avoid sun exposure, sun lamps, or tanning beds
for 6 weeks after surgery. Heat may cause your face
to swell. Wear SPF 20 sunscreen daily beginning 2 weeks after
- The headband dressing will be left in place for one week. Following this you will be asked to wear a head band around the ears day and night for 2 further weeks; then an additional 2 weeks at night only.
TAKE CHANCES! If you are concerned about anything you
consider significant, call us during
office hours at
Fall is Almost Here!
Call today for our exciting specials on Juvederm, Botox and Latisse. Call before October 1st for special pricing on the Obagi Blue Peel!
View the Archives
All Right Reserved, Valley Facial Plastic Surgery is the sole intellectual property of Shepherd G. Pryor, V, MD, FACS - A Division of Valley ENT,PC